Friday, July 27, 2018

Vogue's Awesome Fall 2018 Collection

I absolutely love when the pattern companies release their new collections for the upcoming sewing season.  Over the past several weeks, I've checked out the Fall 2018 offerings from Simplicity, Butterick and McCall and even identified a few patterns that I'm considering adding to my inventory, but I've been eagerly waiting to see Vogue's Fall collection.  So, when I woke up yesterday morning at 4:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep, I decided to grab the iPad and check their website instead of staring at my ceiling...and I'm glad I did because the collection had just dropped!

As I clicked through the pattern thumbnails on the new collection's home page, I was struck by the frequency of hearing my inner voice say "Hmm...interesting."  In years past, I've been disappointed with new seasonal offerings from many of the companies, but that's not the case with this collection.  In fact, I was surprised at the number of pattern style that I either liked or loved and felt inspired to share this post on the ones which really stood out for me.


Vogue 1597
What caught my eye with this pattern was the jacket lapel, which transformed an otherwise basic jacket into a stand-out piece.






Vogue 1593

The seam details on this shift dress are nice, but that zipper!  I love the subtle sexiness the unzipped top and bottom suggests.




Vogue 9328
At first glance, I wasn't really impressed with the dresses in this pattern, but the more I looked at the image and line art for View F, the more I liked it...



...especially the sleeves!






Vogue 9338
The jackets in this pattern are nice but pretty basic.  What I liked, however, was the wrap ties on the cuffs.  Nice.







Vogue 9331
Two words - THOSE SLEEVES!



I love, love, LOVE the full sleeves on Views C and F!  They remind me of the dress Marc Bouwer designed for Wendy Williams in 2012.




Vogue 9333
I like the stitching detail and front and back button plackets of these shirts.  But, my absolute favorite detail of this pattern...



...is the collar.



It is so dope!




Vogue 9332
My favorite detail of this pattern is the drawstring casing at the back waistline of this top. Cute!






Vogue 9337
In my opinion, this pattern consists of very basic pieces with customary seam details.  However, there is something about the simplicity (no pun intended) of these pieces I love.  They look really easy to make and I'm willing to bet they are super-comfortable to wear - even in leather.







Vogue 9339
I like the off-center front closing of this jacket.  Simple and elegant.







Vogue 9327
I like the sleeve options on all 3, but my favorite is View B.





Simply gorgeous.


I am truly surprised that there are so many patterns in this collection I genuinely like.  I have a feeling I'm gonna be hitting someone's pattern sale soon.

Be blessed!


Aisha


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Vogue has some really different designs this year! Thanks for taking the time to post them! I always forget to look at what’s new on the websites...I typically find out about them by warching everyone else’s feeds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Myra...I'm usually learning about the new season collections from everyone else's social media, but I was paying more attention this year. Fall is my favorite season so I guess I was a little more motivated. Thanks again for your comment...appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I had exactly the same reaction to this collection as you did. I loved so many pieces. It seemed like they were basic-hence wearable- but with nice extras like collars and sleeves. Thanks for your review. Abbey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abbey, for your viewpoint...I feel like I'm in really good company!

      Delete