Sunday, April 29, 2012

Linen Skirt Finished...FINALLY!!

Good Day Everyone,

So, I admit that I'm not the most dedicated blogger out there.  Of those that I follow, I find myself wondering how the authors are able to publish so many posts and updates and still live a life away from the blogosphere.  I also admit that, while I LOVE sewing, I sometimes find it difficult to nurture this love by working on (and completing) new projects - especially ones intended for me, which often get pushed aside for the sake of completing projects for others.


You may recall a post I published last May that I wanted to make a black linen skirt from Butterick 5966.  I cut the skirt out last year, but as Spring slipped into Summer, and then Fall, I decided to postpone its construction.  Two weeks ago, I started putting in sewing time on my skirt while working on Vickie's muslins, and I'm proud to say I finally completed it!


I love when a garment looks good inside as well as out, so I really focused on the construction details.  For instance, the skirt was designed to be unlined, but I added a lining to make it easier to wear and extend its life.  I also tapered the sides for a more flattering silhouette.  I must admit, it fits me perfectly.


The skirt is hugging Momma's curves!!  No bunching at the waistline.

So, now I have to work on the accompanying top...maybe that will be done by Spring 2013... ;-)

Be blessed!!

Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment