Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother of the Bride - Skirt Progress

Hello All,

Just an update on how Vickie's suit is progressing.  For the most part, the skirt is complete.  I just need to close the lining's back seam, and hem both the skirt and lining.  I love the details on the skirt, which are all in its construction.  None of this will be visible when Vickie wears the outfit for her daughter's wedding, so I thought I'd share some of them now.  I LOVE when a garment is as beautiful on the inside as outside.

Skirt front view - still needs pressing and hemming.

Inserted an invisible zipper in the skirt's center back.

View of the skirt facing...

...which is free from the skirt lining.  I love how this facing looks.

Front view of skirt facing.

Back view of the facing and zipper.  The lining still needs to be attached, but
I'm waiting for a final fitting before I close it.

And, of course, my sewing companion doing what he does best!!
I notice my camera does no justice to the lining's color.  It is a beautiful Robins Egg Blue, which is Tiffanny's signature color.  The combination of brown and blue is gorgeous.  Until next time...

Be blessed!!

Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment