Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mother of the Bride Muslin Test

Hello All,

I know it's been a "minute", but I wanted to give you an update on my March 31st post.  I made the pattern adjustments to Vogue 2607, constructed muslins of the jacket and skirt and was able to test fit them with Vickie today.  I totally zoned out and forgot to take pictures of her wearing the muslins, but - great news - everything fit very well.

Muslin jacket.

Muslin skirt, with front hemline style adjustment.

Other than the style adjustments Vickie requested, I only have to make a minor adjustment to the skirt waist and the jacket's sleeve width.
Skirt waist needs to be taken in about 5/8-inch on either side.

Jacket sleeve needs to be taken in about 1/2-inch.

Making the skirt waistline adjustment will be easy, but I had to put thought into removing the excess sleeve width.  Considering I made an ease adjustment to the sleeve pattern pieces, I think I'm going to use the original Under Sleeve with the adjusted Upper Sleeve.  This should remove the excess fabric without creating problems with fitting the sleeve in the jacket's armhole.

Adjusted sleeve pattern pieces.

So, next steps are to cut the pattern in the brown satin, and get a lining fabric which closely matches the Tiffany-blue accent color.  My thought is to line the jacket and skirt in the accent color, which you'll be able to see behind the skirt's front hemline.  It's gonna be hot!!

:-)  I'll keep you posted.

Be blessed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment