Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Easy Knock-Off

One of the benefits I love about sewing is being able to recreate - okay, knock off - designer fashions selling in retail strores for a fraction of the price.  And although going to the mall is not one of my favorite activities anymore, it is still a joy of my daughter's and because I love her so, I make the sacrifice to go shopping with her.  The things I do in the name of motherhood, right?

Anyway, on a recent trip to Twelve Oaks mall, I spotted this gray knit dress by London Style at Sears.

London Style dress in the store...

...and the version available online.

I thought it was cute, but it looked so familiar to me...and then I realized why.  It's almost an exact make-up of Butterick 5559.


I wonder if there's a connection between the pattern and the retail version, because the pattern's designer is Maggy London.  I LOVE a good knock-off opportunity, but somehow this just feels too easy.  But, I may try it anyway.

Be blessed!!

Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment