Monday, January 16, 2012

Everthing Old...

I recently purchased the January 2012 copy of Vogue (really nice article on Meryl Streep - check it out when you get a chance)...


...and according to them, peplums on jackets and tops will be big this spring.







While these pages illustrated some very dramatic peplum designs, I couldn't help but be reminded of the 1980s styling which featured this design element.  So, I scanned through my inventory of patterns, and here are a few examples I found...





This is a recent Vogue pattern, but it still employs the peplum design element.

So clearly fashion does repeats itself and, with some modification, these patterns could be used to duplicate the dramatic peplums shown by Vogue.  However, there is always a twist that gives a fresh take on the current fashion craze when compared to that of its predecessors.

Be blessed!!

Aisha


P.S. I'm still waiting to receive Vogue 8305 in the mail.
V8305

No comments:

Post a Comment