Friday, April 5, 2013

Michael Kors in Chicago

My younger kids were out of school this week for Spring Break, so we decided to hit the road and spend a few days in Chicago.  While walking the Mag Mile Wednesday night, I was drawn by the color combination in this Michael Kors window display at Bloomingdale's.

I thought the color-blocked trousers were interesting, but I found myself really attracted to this yellow sheath dress.  It appears deceptively simple, as I know the details are in its fabric selection and tailoring.  After returning to my hotel, I read Erica Bunker's blog post on daffodil which prompted me to take another look at this sheath.

I really began falling in love with the color and the button/chain detail and wanted to learn more about the dress, so I went to Michael Kors online store.  It's made of a wool/spandex crepe (side note - who would have thought that spandex would make it to haute couture?) and retails for $1.495.00.


Here's a closer view of the dress's front and back.


When I return home, the search will be on to find a pattern with design lines similar to the Michael Kors sheath.  Who knows?  I may already have one that will serve perfectly.  Thanks for taking time to read my post and please leave comments below - especially if you have a pattern suggestion.

Be blessed!

Aisha

4 comments:

  1. Guess that wasn't a misprint with the price!!! Can't wait to see your version of this simply beautiful dress. Off to have a peek around your blog ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith...no, that is the actual price. Amazing, isn't it? I know quality comes with a price, but my goodness! Anyway, thanks for taking time to read...I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I'm find myself drawn to Michael Kor's designs too. Your sheath (notice I called YOUR sheath because I know you can knock that one off) is beautiful and has a 60's or 70ish feel to me for some reason. Can't wait to see you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faye, for the vote of confidence...I'm looking forward to it, too.

      Delete