I just wanted to share with you some of my favorite sewing projects I've made over the years.
During a one-week vacation I took from work, I was able to cut out and assemble the entire dress, and assemble the bolero-type jacket, with the exception of attaching the sleeves to the jacket body. I then had to return to work and sewing time on my dress became a concern. So, I enlisted the assistance of a church member who also ran a home-based sewing business. She attached the jacket's sleeves, made the detachable train, and beaded the dress bodice, trimming and train.
|I also made my headpiece and viel|
|With my son and niece|
|At the alter taking our vows|
|Mommy and me|
|She had a touch of static cling...|
Last October, she attended the Homecoming dance with her friends, and we used McCall's 8832 for the bustier top, and McCall's 9380 (view A, shortened) for the skirt.
She fell in love with a black faux leather fabric we found at JoAnn's, displayed with all of the other Halloween-costume fabrics. I omitted the flounce on the top, and instead of gathering the skirt as instructed, I decided to place box pleats in specific areas of the skirt to minimize the fabric's bulk. I do not yet own a Teflon presser foot, so I had to experiment using different things to get this fabric through my machine without sticking. The temporary solution at hand - WD-40!! Add this to its list of over 2000 uses.
The projects currently on my table include a black silk-linen blend skirt (Butterick 5966 - view C) and coordinating yellow/black silk-linen blend top (Butterick - view B). Both of these garments are unlined, but I want to line each piece to extend their wear. The skirt pattern pieces have already been adjusted and cut out, but I will detail the adjustment process I follow for the top in a later post.
Thanks again for visiting!!