Saturday, November 5, 2016

BLC Day 5: Accidental Icon

When I made the decision to begin blogging, it was after being inspired by so many talented women in the blogosphere who were willing to share their time and talent online.  The first blog I started following was Sharon Sews, where Sharon shared not only her sewing talent but also life challenges she encountered and overcame.  I then happened upon Sew Many Ways, and to say I was blown away with Karen's ability to recycle and re-purpose everyday items in her sewing and craft room is an understatement.  In fact, I'm unashamed to admit that I've adopted several of her organization ideas in my own domain, like the use of pipe stripes found in your local hardware store as handles on recycled storage boxes.



I went on to discover blogs managed by FayeMyraCarolynCennettaEricaAmandaShari... and the list goes on and on.  In fact, at last count, I am actively following 93 bloggers!  As if being able to follow the sewing and crafting accomplishments of these women weren't enough, I feel I have established a friendly and supportive relationship with a number of them - we often share encouraging comments on one another's posts, and I have come to truly appreciate their advice and uplifting feedback.

Wednesday night, while reviewing my Pinterest feed, I saw this image and thus discovered another blogging gem - Accidental Icon.


Accidental Icon is a fashion and style blog managed by Lyn Slater, and this image piqued my curiosity, so I went online to find and review her blog.  The images she published of her wearing different fashion ensembles were like eye candy for me, and I found myself wanting to know more about her.



L1020963.jpg

Turns out she holds a Masters Degree and PhD in Social Work and works as a full-time Clinical Associate Professor at the Fordham University Graduate School of Social Services... and happens to be 63 years young!!  I just found her blog to be interesting and the woman herself to be very inspirational.  Check it out when you get a chance; I don't think you'll be disappointed.  Just keep in mind... she is an academic.

Be blessed!

Aisha

2 comments:

  1. TO: My BlogLikeCrazy Sewing Partner
    This was a wonderful post! Thank you for mentioning me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye, for serving as an inspiration and always having a kind word!

      Delete